Ingersoll Rand Account Manager - HVAC Parts in KANSAS CITY, Missouri
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is responsible for all functions related to developing and maintaining Parts customer relationships to ensure maximum revenues through account penetration. This includes finding, generating and developing new channel partners and retaining current customers in order to sell the company’s products to end-users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as a sales representative and liaison between customers and the office.
- Develops new customer accounts by cold-calling various locations in their territory with product literature.
- Pre-call or visit planning, visits and supports customer accounts.
- Ascertains current market opportunities.
- Researches and provides competitive parts sales data.
- Increases sales to existing accounts.
- Follows up on quotes to help manage pipeline.
- Establishes systematic customer contact to provide on-going information.
- Identifies customer problems and/or needs, and creates a dynamic action plan designed to meet them.
- Develops multiple relationships with key players in customer operations.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable, and successful partnership.
- Attends sales meetings and reports sales activity, new account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- Notifies customers of specials; new projects, services, promotions, etc.
- Possesses knowledge of the product lines to create awareness and demand for products with existing and potential customers.
- Maintains records of sales, customer information, and requests by updating data.
- Performs analysis on customer purchases, needs and uses.
- Performs analysis of product mix
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer support programs.
- Creates and maintains territorial listing noting classification of customer and frequency of calls.
- Maintains customer data files.
- Maintains contact information on each assigned account as well as new business focused accounts; weekly call reports, account plan reporting to be completed in a CRM tool.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job.
- Occasional travel requirements with some overnight travel. (Approximately 5-10%)
As part of overall responsibilities (0 %)
- Genuinely and effectively works effectively with diverse team of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Mentors and assists with onboarding of new associates
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for learning.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for work well-done.
- Demonstrates engaging customer-facing behaviors and customer service
This job does not have team leader and/or supervisory responsibilities.
Each employee must have the ability to work in harmony with all members of the organization and display that ability on an ongoing, daily basis. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AA degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; 2 or more years of HVAC sales or related HVAC experience; or equivalent combination of education and HVAC sales experience required. Prior technical sales experience required. Must have a mechanical aptitude and background. Proven experience in building customer relationships. Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: KANSAS CITY-Missouri
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 15, 2018, 8:52:11 AM