Ingersoll Rand HVAC Summer Helper - Fort Wayne, IN in FT. WAYNE, Indiana
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVACSummer Helpers:
- Traneis recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building ControlsSystems
- Dedicatedto a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Determinedfocus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the companywhere everyone wants to work)
- WorldClass continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-widecommitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizationalencouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives
This role youwill be assisting HVAC Technicians who are the primary service and maintenancecontact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers in a defined market with a diversecommercial base including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities,Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. You will assist in the commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, andstarting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you willutilize your knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanicallayouts. In this position you will establish & maintain a positiverelationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral andwritten communication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduledpreventative maintenance and service under the direction of the HVACTechnician.
- Usescutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools,following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repairunits.
- Continuallyenforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security andaccountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear andconditions.
- Displaysteam effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to workovertime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnightstays.
- AHigh School Diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in HVAC; orequivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience isrequired.
- Operatingknowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
- EPACertification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installeretc.).
- Thisposition requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited tomechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposureto extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock(high voltage).
- Thisposition is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers,walking, stooping, and kneeling. Itrequires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently liftand or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: FT. WAYNE-Indiana
Shift: Day Job
Type: Temporary Work
Posting: May 11, 2018, 1:38:52 PM