TD Industries Inc HVAC Service Manager in Fort Worth, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development and solutions in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the Southwest generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Due to our growth, our Fort Worth Service Team has an opportunity for an HVAC Service Manager.
Provides leadership and supervision to a team of 10 to 15 service technicians. The Service Manager interacts with the Senior Service Manager and other Service Managers to help implement the team’s business responsibilities, training commitments and business activities as directed by the Senior Service Manager. * C* ompletes job assignments and duties in complete autonomy. Work is typically of a complex nature and requires creative solutions. Uses independent judgment to resolve issues and arrive at decisions. Reports to and performs other duties as assigned by a Senior Service Manager, Operations Manager or Business Unit Manager. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for generating approximately $2,000,000.00 in annual revenue and is accountable for all of the team activities and business results.
- Provides on-going supervision to the service technicians that are working within that specific business segment team.
- Interfaces with customers and technicians to ensure service technician performance meets customer requirements.
- Is the front line management of meeting customer requirements.
- Reviews applicable reports each month and provides feedback to service technicians. Feedback includes areas where productivity needs improvement and also provides recognition for outstanding performance.
- Coordinates the repair, maintenance, and replacement work of assigned accounts the team is responsible for.
- Establish and maintain a leadership position within an industry or customer trade association.
- Participates in on-call supervisor stand-by rotation, if required by business unit.
- Attends accounts receivable meetings and ensure that accounts receivable collection goals for the specific business segment are met. Works with accounts receivable, senior manager, service managers and account managers on any accounts that are not meeting the required past due collection goals.
- Ensures that the team is operating within the guidelines of the company and the business unit while conforming to state and local codes.
COACHING AND TRAINING:
- Conducts annual documented performance review meetings with mid-year follow-ups with all direct reports and immediate supervisor.
- Initiates and manages service technician training efforts.
- By example, fosters and develops improvements and adherence to service functional processes and procedures.
- Using service career paths, strengthens own skills and urges direct reports to improve their capabilities via training and advanced education.
- Ensures that the team is properly staffed with qualified service technicians that have the technical skills and certifications needed to perform their job requirements. Actively participate in and recommend candidates for hire.
- Ensures that bi-weekly safety meetings are conducted with the service technicians and that attendance sheets along with the safety topic are forwarded to the appropriate recipient.
- In the event of injury or accident, ensure that all reporting and accident investigations in the specific business segment team are performed in accordance with the guidelines of the company policy.
- Familiarizes Partners with company rules, policies and procedures.
- and service technicians with sales proposals, technical assistance, invoice dispute resolution and accounts receivable adjustments
- Maintains discipline of assigned Partners according to company policy. Recommends disciplinary measures when they are needed.
- Understanding and be proficiency in using the service reporting metrics to lead and manage the business results of the team.
*POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: *
Provides leadership, shares technical expertise and experience to other Partners. Sets the example relative to maturity, attitude and work ethic. Shows good professional appearance. Performs as a self-managed individual. Stable work history. Willingness to continue education and grow personally and professionally.
- Five (5) years of progressively increased responsibilities and diverse experience in service work.
- Five (5) years of direct experience in the operations of a service group or team.
- Ten (10) years of HVAC service.
- Stable work history showing responsibility and professional growth.
- Established qualifications and experience within the industry trade.
- Has advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes.
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Two (2) year technical degree or equivalent work experience, and/or four (4) years Business Management, desired.
- Has excellent math, verbal, written skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills when in contact with customers and other Partners
- Exhibits strong leadership skills.
- Has computer skills to run a personal computer and be proficient in related company software products.
- Interprets blueprints and schematic drawings or oral/written instructions to assure completion of work to plan in commercial service operations.
- Maintains local, state or federal licenses or certifications as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have the ability to remain calm in a stressful or emergency situation.
- May be exposed to wet slippery floors, objects on floor and various chemicals and sharp objects.
- Works on carpeted, concrete, wood, tile and/or vinyl floors or combination within the confines of a commercial building.
- Works mainly in-doors but can be exposed to temperature extremes and other weather conditions when working outdoors.
- Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Meets requirements of company vehicle driving policy.
All responsibilities contained in this job description represent only the essential functions of the job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Physical capabilities are subject to testing and some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves and other employees.
The qualifications enumerated in the job description represent minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. Falsification, misrepresentation or omission of information at any time during the employment process is sufficient reason for disqualification or termination.
Location: Fort Worth, TX